FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE FAMILIES WHO CALL ON US FOR OUR SERVICES, WE HAVE PREPARED THE FOLOWING CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER THE FUNERAL SERVICE...
THINGS TO DO BEFORE THE FUNERAL SERVICE
- FLOWERS: Order the casket flowers and any other flowers as soon as possible. Florists will deliver all flowers to the place of visitation shortly before the visitation begins, so that the flowers will be fresh for the service.
- PALLBEARERS: Select and notify the pallbearers. Pallbearers should be at the place of service 40 minutes before the service time. (_____________) Please provide a list of pallbearers to the funreal director so their names may be included in the memorial folder.
- THE FUNERAL: Take time to speak with your minister or service leader about the service. Consider such items as special music, scripture readings, etc. that you may want to include in the service. THe minister will provide the funeral home with an outline of their order of worship so that it may be included in their memorial folder.
- BURIAL: If the burial is to be at Lakeview Memorial Gardens, or at any other private memorial park, the family or their representative must go to their respective cemetery office, sign the interment authorization card, and arrange to pay for the grave opening and closing fees.
- THE HOME: Consider having someone you trust "house sit" or at least look after your home while you are at the funeral home for visitation and are away for the funeral service. Many times a family will return home following a visitation to find their home has been burglarized.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL YOUR FUNERAL DIRECTOR AT BRATTON FUNERAL HOME FOR HELP. (TELEPHONE: 803-684-1880)
[ Home ] [ ABOUT US ] [ SEARCH OBITUARIES ] [ WHEN SOMEONE DIES ] [ FOR VETERANS ] [ PROBATE INFO ] [ LOCAL FLOWERS ] [ PLANNING AHEAD ] [ CHECKLISTS ] [ TYPE OF SERVICES ] [ MAP & DIRECTIONS ] [ CONTACT PAGE ]